Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Louisville
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you expect it’s running correctly so your Louisville basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can quit running for a few various reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t running properly, contact the Experts at Becht/Givens Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop working for several different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Irregular maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Icy or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to ensure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is upright and not tipping to one side, since this can cause the pump to not activate when called for.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump runs and pulls out the water quickly.
- During arid forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Becht/Givens Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of insurance to protect your home from water damage, look to the professionals at Becht/Givens Service Experts to confirm yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 502-785-8230 or book an appointment online.