According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are due to sewer backups. The estimated cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Becht / Givens Service Experts can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to prevent sewer backups. Many homeowners in Louisville don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Becht / Givens Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and expertise to manage everything and anything associated to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is causing your sewer to fail or become congested, don’t hesitate to ring us at 502-785-8230
the moment you identify a problem to avoid as much, potentially expensive, damage to your living space and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are throwing away garbage properly.
- Dumping grease down your drain will cause a buildup in the line and lead to a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Becht / Givens Service Experts install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Becht / Givens Service Experts to check for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if identified. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from hindering your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Becht / Givens Service Experts today at 502-785-8230
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.