End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Louisville Home
A normal home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water every year as a result of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters are easy to locate. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or cracked water supply lines can go unnoticed for years.
A water leak can be costly. You’re paying for additional water you don’t need, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s important to find and repair the slightest leaks.
Becht/Givens Service Experts is here to help you achieve just that. We have the skills for Expert leak detection and water line repair in Louisville.
6 Signs You Could Have a Plumbing Leak
Locating and taking care of leaks are the most popular calls we field for plumbing services. Repairing a leak right away can help you avoid costly water damage. Some leaks might be trickier to pinpoint than others, but there are a few telltale hints that you need to contact a plumber in Louisville. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is bigger than average.
- Your pipes frequently make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your sink, or your water is reddish.
- Floors or walls feel damp or soft.
- You notice water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s wet soil or erosion near your home’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you believe you have a leak but can’t see the evidence, check your water meter:
- Make sure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is commonly a triangular dial or miniature silver circle. If the dial is spinning, you may have a leak.
We can find the point of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or possibly damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the spots water is used in your home, there are many places you could uncover a leak.
Leaks can be started by broken seals around water connectors, deteriorating pipes, obstructions and more.
They commonly are spotted:
- On water supply lines and connections underneath the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, especially kinds that are aging
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you discover proof of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we back all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 502-785-8230 or schedule an appointment online.