Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Louisville
Furnace won’t start? Reset button keeps tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you irritated and cold in Louisville, the Experts at Becht/Givens Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can fix issues with your oil-burning furnace alone. There are a couple of things you can check before getting in touch with us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be incorrect. Check that it’s set to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature stops your furnace when it spots trouble. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is clear. Once you’ve checked those locations, only press the reset button once. Pressing it multiple times could cause fuel oil to accumulate and spark a fire once the furnace begins working.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be full and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s problems with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a little bit of electric motor oil on them after disconnecting your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our Expert service technicians. Call Becht/Givens Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pressing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely indicates there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be observed in the burner chamber
- Burner turns on but does not fire
- Other troubleshooting ideas don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Becht/Givens Service Experts can find the problem when your oil furnace won’t start.
Our specialists have finished thorough testing to earn the most prestigious HVAC standard, ACE certification. They are able to take care of most any heating repair. And all our services are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Routine maintenance can help stop furnace repairs. Once we get your furnace operating, Becht/Givens Service Experts technicians can recommend a membership plan that could decrease pricey repairs and make your furnace run more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on energy costs.