A popping sound is typical sign of an insufficient duct design. This takes place when there’s more airflow than your ductwork can handle.
Issues with your ductwork might cause other ventilation and air quality issues, such as:
- Excessive noise
- Higher energy use
- Ahead-of-time system failure
- Unbalanced heating and cooling
- Damaged AC compressor in the summer
- Overheated furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold expansion inside ducts
Call a qualified company in Louisville, like Becht/Givens Service Experts, to examine your house’s ventilation system. We can offer suggestions for duct repair or installation.