Preventing it from happening is the most crucial place to start. Taking proper safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Louisville.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when run right but can create carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are working accurately, especially your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Becht/Givens Service Experts.