Stopping it from happening is the most crucial place to begin. Taking proper safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Louisville.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when operated right but can create carbon monoxide when on for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are running accurately, particularly your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Becht/Givens Service Experts.