Your HVAC system is vital to a comfortable home and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take these features for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever stopped working on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with last minute repairs, higher energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you had a way to guarantee an uninterrupted supply of clean, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like receiving an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to ask for tune-ups with Becht/Givens Service Experts, but we highly encourage registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it's not hard to forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early: Issues with your HVAC equipment often progress little by little. When a technician examines the internal components annually, it’s possible to find and fix smaller problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the likelihood of a sudden breakdown decreases.
- Saving on repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected expense that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that yearly maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Boost home comfort: When your heating and cooling system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity in your home.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement costs.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety assessment during every visit offers peace of mind that your HVAC system is running safely.
- Adhere to your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require annual tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in upkeep now safeguards you from expensive repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can typically expect same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC contract gives you access to the quickest installs feasible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance lowers the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance contract grants a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are occasionally inevitable, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you disappointed, your technician will return to correct things.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Becht/Givens Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan provides and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before enrolling. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Becht/Givens Service Experts office today.