The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it could still contain toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people dislike the taste of polluted tap water and recognize the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have healthy drinking water nearby.
If you want to protect your family’s well-being, you may first opt for continuing the bottled water approach. But of course, this gets pricey almost immediately. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, enabling you to capitalize on the benefits wherever you use water in your home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out harmful contaminants. Then, contact Becht/Givens Service Experts to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but several of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that regulated water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your faucets, supplying you and your family with safe, clean water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of debris in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can become concentrated in the water main soon after heavy rains. While typically harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. However, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. A few DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being healthier for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more muddy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that clean water doesn’t have to come with bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Becht/Givens Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to scale back water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Becht/Givens Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.