Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several aspects to consider, as well as the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can typically wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and increases comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your house comfy. A modern air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Becht/Givens Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you replace both components together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any major imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can avoid the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the greatest efficiency, making your home more comfortable and lowering your long-term energy bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at the same time. And you might even be authorized for a special deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Becht/Givens Service Experts. We get the expense of replacing your complete system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 502-785-8230 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.