Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Louisville, you might be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few factors to consider, as well as the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. An updated air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Becht/Givens Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the correct advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any major immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these pluses:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your home more comfortable and lowering your long-term energy bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at once. And you might even be authorized for a discount since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Becht/Givens Service Experts. We get the price of replacing your entire system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 502-785-8230 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.