Stay Cool During Summer Activities in Louisville
Summer is usually a hectic time of year for many folks in Louisville. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Louisville heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few suggestions:
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a breather as it can also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when planning outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Louisville temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.