Summer is typically a hectic time of year for many folks in Louisville. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any number of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Louisville heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Louisville heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Becht/Givens Service Experts a call at 502-785-8230 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is running at its highest level in the Louisville heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a break as it can also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when planning outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Louisville temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than normal. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.