Building a new home? Upgrading your existing unit? No matter why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you could soon come to the conclusion that you have more choices than you originally thought. Go through this guide to help you measure four different options so you can select the ideal air conditioner in Louisville.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people call to mind when they envision air conditioning for the whole home. Central air conditioning moves air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This might be right for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly noiseless, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps work similar to central air conditioners. A lot of models can also provide heat in cold weather.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your home is in an area with mild weather during the winter.
- You want a single piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, in lieu of a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t use (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You want quiet, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet stays at a stable 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump uses this continuous well of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your home utilizes ductwork.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the underground loops.
This is a second style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an inside blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t require any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This might be good for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate expansion to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re seeking an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling individual rooms.
- You want to install zoning in your home.
Don’t know which kind of air conditioner you should get? Turn to the Experts at Becht/Givens Service Experts for anything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you select the right one for your needs. Please contact us at 502-785-8230 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate today.