Building a new home? Upgrading your existing unit? No matter why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you might soon learn you have more options than you originally thought. Go through this guide to help you measure four different types so you can find the best air conditioner in Louisville.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people bring to mind when they envision air conditioning for the complete home. Central air conditioning moves air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This may be right for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly silent, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps work much like central air conditioners. Some models can also provide heat in cold weather.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your reside in a location with mild weather during the winter.
- You want a single piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, as opposed to a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You want quiet, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet stays at an even 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump uses this ongoing supply of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be right for you if:
- Your home uses ductwork.
- You want one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your residence for the underground loops.
This is an additional kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an inside blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t require any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This may be good for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate add-on to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re seeking an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling individual rooms.
- You want to install zoning in your home.
Not sure which style of air conditioner you should purchase? Turn to the Experts at Becht/Givens Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you select the right one for your needs. Please contact us at 502-785-8230 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate today.