Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioning quits out of the blue. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for a service technician to arrive. What a nightmare!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this problem. But how do you know when it’s time for preventive service? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have a problem? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC specialists encourage servicing it at least once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, avoiding potential concerns and lengthening its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred season. This enables you to address growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is past, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioner tune-up is a thorough process involving a variety of steps. This is why DIY repair is not suggested. Here are some key parts of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Detailed inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioning unit for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and counter wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals suggest doing this in your home every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners question if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, scheduled air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less energy to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your AC unit every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Higher air quality: A clean cooling system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, regular AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on early replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, emergency repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To optimize your savings, consider signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and spending plan. You’ll get several perks no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, annual AC maintenance is essential for boosting performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule your annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with skilled professionals, complete maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or schedule your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.