No matter what the climate outside, the temperature in your home designates how comfortable your family will seem. Find the right temp and your rooms will seem like a comfortable escape from everything. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t operating properly, you’ll notice. And it won’t be fun.
It’s time to take an in-depth look at the way you’re managing your HVAC equipment. It could be the difference between a steady system or a poor performer. Try this quick quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Summer is right around the corner. How do you prepare your air conditioner?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Schedule an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It will be fine.
- You’re planning a party on a summer night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your first step?
- Ask my attendees to bring iced beverages.
- Call for an emergency repair to get it operating before anyone arrives.
- Plug in my fans and hope for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What’s your plan when it’s time for a replacement?
- Have my contractor select one and pay for it with a credit card.
- Save worries and bills by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the most intricate system available.
- When you receive your next monthly electricity bill, what do you anticipate you’ll find?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My heating and cooling costs have skyrocketed.
- It will be close to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I see it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a funny noise. What’s your next step?
- Find my toolbox and spend a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Schedule a qualified technician to examine it.
- Ignore it and hope it stops.
Time to check your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are helping you out. You’re taking care of your equipment and you prepared a plan for your future replacement. But if you replied to any of these questions with As or Cs, you could make a number of changes to help your HVAC perform more efficiently. Keep reading to learn how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Arrange Yearly Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and clearing your vents are essential tasks to help out your equipment for a different season, a professional maintenance appointment is critical to wrap up the process. During a maintenance visit, your HVAC technician will complete a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re around, your HVAC pro will keep an eye out for more significant problems for your home. That could save you a costly breakdown later in the season.
Select a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained HVAC systems can have complications periodically. And it always seems to occur at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that vital service to customers at no extra cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system transition. Some home comfort systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Create a plan now to escape last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It brings you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front expenses. As an added bonus, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy expenses and call us when they greatly change. Your utility bills can show you more than your monthly charges. If you’re noticing a steady increase in your bills but no difference in home comfort, something is likely going on with your equipment. A new high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Call a professional when you hear a odd noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than annoying. It indicates something is amiss with your system. Even if it’s a comparatively small issue, left without professional help it could make for an pricey repair down the road. Don’t try to correct it yourself. Leave it to the Experts to check out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t manage it. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, extra costs and disappointment. And if your system just isn’t cutting it anymore, think about choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!