It’s cold outside. Much of the country is layering up for some below freezing temps. And while the Experts are always eager to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor bathrooms and sinks by outer walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Becht/Givens Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.