There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Louisville. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather arrives. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider taking care of early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment arranged.
The pros at Becht/Givens Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the peak of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it performed before the cold and crisp weather sets in in Louisville, too. Check out some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your furnace runs at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in peak shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to handle whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Louisville this season.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to take place on a cool winter day is have your furnace go out, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if larger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional bonuses, and getting furnace service performed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Becht/Givens Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Louisville, give us a call at 502-785-8230 or schedule an appointment with Becht/Givens Service Experts through our online scheduler.