Planning regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner equipment in Louisville running at its best performance while keeping energy usage low. It also can even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are several tasks you can complete on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Becht/Givens Service Experts, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are a couple steps you can complete by yourself as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large portion of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier weather near, it’s also a good idea to add AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is the best time to get your cooling system freshened and examined. Delaying to switch it on until the first hot day of the year can be dicey. If you need a fix or a new unit, you might be waiting a long time for a tech. And that could get awfully uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened AC system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioner maintenance might be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Myself?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the best state:
- Replace your air filter suggests each month or two. This is very important if you deal with allergies or have a cat in your home.
- Lawn upkeep near the outdoor condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning unit. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also remove any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your equipment, as this can impede airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Becht/Givens Service Experts at 502-785-8230, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then we’ll begin the nitty gritty. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable operation.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially skip malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to get rid of any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Checking controls to double check your equipment is turning on, running and shutting down properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that need extra service, we are set to give you the most cost-effective solution. Locating possible troubles promptly might solve more substantial issues later on. This also provides you time to save if your unit is getting outdated.
When you need a new cooling system to help make your new equipment more affordable. No matter what your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to schedule your checkup? Call us at 502-785-8230 or schedule an appointment online now.