Booking regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner unit in Louisville operating at its best performance while keeping energy usage low. It also can even help extend its life cycle.
While there are a couple tasks you can finish on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Becht/Givens Service Experts, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are a couple steps you can do alone as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large amount of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier weather approaching, it’s also a good idea to add AC tune-ups on that listing.
Spring is a great time to get your cooling system freshened and inspected. Hesitating to flip it on until the first hot day of the year can be dicey. If you need service or installation, you might be waiting days for a technician. And that could get extremely uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a freshened AC system will help assure the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioner maintenance might be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Myself?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the best state:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and may lower your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly important if you suffer from allergies or have a cat in your home.
- Lawn maintenance near the outdoor condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling unit. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also remove any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your system, as this can limit airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Becht/Givens Service Experts at 502-785-8230, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already finished. Then we’ll begin the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver secure operation.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially stay clear of malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to eliminate any blockage from dirt and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to double check your equipment is turning on, running and shutting down properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that involve extra service, we are ready to give you the most cost-effective solution. Locating possible troubles promptly might solve more substantial troubles later on. This also provides you time to save if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you need a new cooling system, our Experts will assist you to pick the best model for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. No matter what your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to schedule your tune-up? Call us at 502-785-8230 or schedule an appointment online now.