What are the Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters?
With Earth Day right around the corner, you may be overwhelmed with suggestions to help “save the earth”. Get excited! We’re here with a few ideas of our own, but for a good purpose. Not only is a tankless water heater eco-friendly, it can save you money and last longer than your ordinary tank heater. For real! We put together the best reasons you should invest in a tankless water heater.
- Tax Rebates – Although the initial cost can seem a bit discouraging, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of around $300.
- Constant Warmth – Everyone has felt it. The stabbing pain of ice water pelting against your body when the hot water runs out and you’re still showing. Your cold showers could be over! Tankless water heaters do away with that problem altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can outlast inefficient tank water heaters by 5-10 years. The government rebate plus not having to replace your tankless water heater as often equals big savings.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only require the exact amount of energy to heat the amount of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water you don’t need. This magical tidbit can save you up to 20% off your water heating costs. They also require less space since they can be installed on walls (or outdoors if you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be mounted under cabinets or in closets.
- No Flooding – No tank, no tank to crack, no flooding. Even though a leak is possible as with any plumbing appliance or instrument, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 40 gallons of water sitting around waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t hold water in a tank, you always have pure, clean water that isn’t stored in a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these wonderful reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater is the ideal choice for your home, call Becht/Givens Service Experts today for a complimentary in-home analysis. We will help to make sure you select the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, inform you of all the facts, and be there when you’re ready to make a decision.