Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your furnace or air.
But as temperatures begin to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in Louisville and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy costs low.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in updated cooling systems is an obvious plus in keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can turn to a few other things to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional suggestions will all help keep summer energy expenses low. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 502-785-8230 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the right solution for your space. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.