4 Tips for Saving Energy in Louisville This Summer
Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your energy bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your furnace or air.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Louisville and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy costs low.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to update it. The energy-saving options in updated cooling systems is an obvious benefit for keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your energy cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can turn to a few other things to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional suggestions will all help keep summer energy expenses less expensive. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the right solution for your space. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*